March 04, 2007

Talpiot Tomb Show is Frustratingly Laughable

Well, the Discovery Channel show is ending. And I have a clear knee-jerk reaction: I can't believe this. I've been reading, and formulating in my mind, so much of the issues here on the academic level, and this dribble becomes the main proponent for one side? I'm sorry, but any scholar on the team offering sound bites in favor of this ridiculously speculative program should be embarrassed.

The presentation format is right up there with the "Here's Noah's Ark" and Ripley's Believe It Or Not type shows. And it is fantastically done as well, and the commercial sponsors did quite well from it, I'm sure.

The "Jesus Family Tomb" argument in the end seems essentially to consist of the word "could" run amok.

How ever did I suspect there could be a good presentation of a scholarly issue in such a commercial endeavor?

1 comment:

Christopher Heard said...

As a matter of fact, a "here's Noah's ark" documentary ran in the time slot immediately before The Lost Tomb of Jesus.